- About Us
- Areas of Expertise
- Instructing Us
- News & Events
09 Oct 2017
Regulatory and Planning Law Conference 2017 (Leeds)Tweet
Six Pump Court presents a Regulatory and Planning Law Conference to be held on 20th November in Leeds.
The event will cover a variety of topics providing essential updates on specialist areas, informative discussion on topical issues and practical tips for regulators and for those who represent the regulated.
9:30 Registration and Welcome
9:50 Introduction from the Chair – Stephen Hockman QC
11:30 Safety Regulation of Hazardous facilities – Stephen Hockman QC and David Hercock
– Public Participation in the control of major accident hazards
– Sentencing in cases involving major hazardous facilities
12.00 Licensing law update – Stuart Jessop
– Case law update for local authority licensing
– House of Lords Select Committee
– Section 182 update
– Taxi licensing update
12:30 Planning enforcement – sentencing and POCA – Gordon Menzies and Stuart Jessop
– Recent examples of sentencing levels and the factors involved
– Interaction of fines for sentencing and POCA
– Recent examples of confiscation orders obtained by local authorities for planning enforcement breaches
– Effects of POCA on the enforcement regime
14:45 Due diligence revisited – Nicholas Ostrowski
– Due diligence defence and case law review
– Systems/procedures and the effect on sentencing
– Implications for regulators/regulated entities
15:30 Sentencing in regulatory prosecutions – Laura Phillips and Gordon Menzies
– How to prepare for a sentencing hearing
– Sentencing guidelines for health and safety, food and environmental offences (to include case law update)
– Prosecution costs
16:15 Questions and Close
Venue: Queens Hotel, City Square, Leeds, LS1 1PJ
Date: Monday 20th November 2017
Time: from 9.30pm to 5.00pm (lunch and refreshments provided).
Cost: £95 per person. Subsequent bookings from your firm/organisation charged at a reduced rate of £75 per person.
RSVP: Bridget Tough firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7797 8456 to book places or make enquiries.
The seminar will qualify for 5 CPD points.
Further details can be found in the attached flyer