- About Us
- Areas of Expertise
- Instructing Us
- News & Events
08 Oct 2015
Liability and Remedies in Land and Water Contamination Claims : A SeminarTweet
Six Pump Court presents the third in our series of environmental law seminars to be held this year:
Liability and Remedies in Contamination Claims (Land and Water): Maximising your Client’s Recovery and Minimising Your Risk
Speakers: Richard Barraclough QC, Nicholas Baldock, William Upton, Gordon Wignall, Philip Wilbourn FRICS
This seminar will identify key points in establishing liability for contamination/pollution, and investigating quantification in the absence of authority. Separately, the legal and surveying professions are increasingly at risk when giving advice on environmental matters: how can they minimise their risks?
Topics covered will include:
• Strict liability for pollution/contamination of land and water, including drips, spills and liability for flooding.
• Special issues in water contamination cases, including claims by fisheries and riparian owners.
• How is diminution in value to be quantified?
• Are these cases under-settled? Are practitioners, experts and defendants sufficiently aware of the continuing indirect impact of the financial crisis when advising on quantum? Do defence insurers settle, rather than fight, these claims, and if so why?
• Remediation under statutory schemes: an added risk?
• The effect of the new and updated Law Society Practice Notes (and other Guidance) on contaminated land and flooding.
• Effectively minimising your professional risks.
Date/Venue: Wednesday 4th November 2015, 4-6 p.m. (tea and coffee available from 3.45 pm) at 6 Pump Court Chambers. To be followed by a drinks reception.
Contact: email@example.com 020 7797 8456
A flyer for the seminar is available here
There will be a charge of £25 per person, with second and subsequent bookings from your firm/ organisation charged at a reduced rate of £15 per person.
This event is the third in a series of four environmental seminars held by Six Pump Court in Sept-Dec 2015. Details available on our website here