“6 Pump Court’s group has ‘a breadth and depth of knowledge’ in both children and finance matters. Areas of expertise range from complex TOLATA claims to international children relocation cases”.
Legal 500 (2015)
When a child is unlawfully removed from England and Wales or where there is an imminent risk of removal our expert family team understand the need for urgent specialist action.
We can assist in the following cases:
- Applications under the Hague Convention. Time limits in such cases must be strictly observed and failure to do so could preclude an immediate return of the child
- Cases involving non-Hague convention countries
- Removal from the jurisdiction
- Relocation within England and Wales
- Child abduction
- Emergency remedies for ‘seek and find’ orders and passport orders when child has been abducted
We also represent parents and other interested parties in international contact disputes and cases under Brussels II.
We are seeing an increasing numbers of clients who are seeking our advice on the following:
- The legal effect of an overseas marriage, including forced marriage
- The legal effect of an overseas divorce
- The correct forum for financial relief following an overseas divorce
Our recent cases include:
- Acting for a Polish father living in England where there has been a breach of the father’s rights under the Human Rights Act by the Polish authorities that had resulted in a failure to implement the terms of the Hague Convention.
- Advising on the legal effect of a sharia divorce (Talaq) in Northern Iraq where both parties lived abroad. And considering whether such a divorce offends public justice and should not be recognised.
- Representing a husband in case where parties had married and divorced in Iran. The case considered the effect of court orders made in Tehran concerning a dowry.
- Acting for a mother seeking to relocate with child to South Africa.